Ontraport's new email editor OntraMail does not support simply adding Deadline Funnel email timers but we outline a longer workaround method below. An easier method is to use the Deadline Funnel animated email countdown timer using the legacy Ontraport RAW HTML email editor.
Add the Email Countdown in the RAW HTML Editor
1. In the Deadline Funnel admin, navigate to Campaigns > Edit Campaign > Emails > Email Timer Code and click to copy the HTML Code you'll need to add the email countdown to your emails:
2. In the Ontraport HTML Email editor, click 'Source' to edit your raw HTML:
3. Copy and paste the Deadline Funnel HTML Code into the Ontraport Source box where you want the animated countdown to appear and click 'Save':
4. Click 'Preview' to see a preview of your email with the animated countdown timer:
Add the Email Countdown in the OntraMail Editor
To use the countdown email timer in OntraMail, you need to add a new field to the Ontraport user that will be the contact owner for each deadline funnel campaign
1. Navigate to the Administration Panel in your Ontraport account:
2. Navigate to User Management and then choose User Field Editor:
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and add select Add New Section:
4. Give the Section a descriptive name like “Deadline Funnel Countdown” and select Add Field:
5. Add the name of the Deadline Funnel campaign linked to this countdown timer as the Field Name and make sure to specify the field type as Long Text. You can add multiple fields if you have multiple campaigns with Deadline Funnel and this is why it is important to establish clear and consistent naming conventions.
6. Make sure to hit Save in the top right corner once you've added the field to the section:
7. Next, navigate back to User Management and choose the User Management item:
7. Choose the user that will be the contact owner of all your records:
8. Now head to the Deadline Funnel admin in a new tab, navigate to Campaigns > Edit Campaign > Emails > Email Timer Code and click to copy the HTML Code you'll need to add the email countdown to your emails: (make sure to edit the appearance and choose the alignment before you copy the code)
9. Back in Ontraport you can now go ahead and paste this code in the Deadline Funnel field you created earlier. Make sure to hit save!:
10. Inside the OntraMail editor, place the cursor in the space where you want the email countdown timer and select the merge field that you created in the previous steps:
11. When you've selected the merge field, it will be inserted into your email in this format:
12. Now when you send your email as part of the campaign, it should have your countdown timer included.
If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.