When a client's deadline has expired but you'd like to give them a second chance at your offer, you can send them a Public Reset Link. When they click this link, their tracking will be cleared and their deadline will reset to the top. 😎
Here's how to do it:
Simply visit Edit Campaign > Testing, and generate a 'Public Reset Link'.
You will need to:
- Set the length of time the reset link should be active
- Set the URL you want them to be redirected to after their tracking is reset
- Set a password to activate your link.
- Generate the reset link
Copy the Public Reset Link and send it to your lead. Once they click on the link, it will clear their tracking and send them directly to the URL you set in Step #2 (people often use the 'Before' URL in their Deadline Funnel settings for this step).
A few things to note:
- The "password" generates a unique URL containing that word in the URL. At no time will your end users be asked to enter a password.
- You can only have one unique URL at a time. In other words, if you create another Public Rest Link then the previous one(s) will be made inactive.
- The intention behind this feature is to give you and your team a way to help your end users reset their tracking on a case by case basis. This feature is not intended for use in an automation as a way to delete or reset tracking as part of your sequence.
- The reason behind having a password that creates a unique URL and having a time limit on the URL is so that a link cannot exist "in the wild" indefinitely that will compromise the integrity of your promotion and allow others to reset their deadline at will.
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.com.