In this doc, we'll show you How to Integrate Deadline Funnel with HighLevel (API). There are a few additional steps to complete as well -
The API integration with HighLevel is the easiest and most flexible way to integrate Deadline Funnel with your HighLevel account. Each Deadline Funnel campaign gets its own API integration.
Important: You will need to complete the setup of your first evergreen campaign before you can integrate HighLevel. Be sure to select HighLevel as your email service provider.
How to configure a new HighLevel API Integration:
1. In your Deadline Funnel account, hover over 'Campaigns' in the top menu and click on Integrations in the dropdown menu:
2. Double check that you are currently viewing the correct campaign and then click 'Add New Integration'
3. Select 'Create Deadline Funnel Tracking' and click 'Next':
4. Make sure that HighLevel is selected and then click 'Next':
5. Now head to HighLevel > Settings > API Keys to find your API Key:
6. Once you've pasted the API Key in Deadline Funnel, click 'Integrate':
7. Select or create a custom field to store a copy of each subscriber's deadline:
We call this the "deadline text" field, and it's just a text field in HighLevel —similar to the name or email field— that stores a copy of each subscriber's unique deadline.
You can either select an existing custom field from the drop-down, or create a new custom field right here in Deadline Funnel. To create a new custom field, start typing into the box and hit enter when you're done.
Please keep in mind:
We recommend naming it something related to your promotion so that when you see it in a contact's record, you can easily identify what it's for.
If you have multiple Deadline Funnel campaigns, make sure to use a different custom field for each Deadline Funnel campaign.
Once a custom field has been populated (i.e. it shows a deadline) editing this in HighLevel will not change that prospect's deadline. This is simply a text record of their deadline and does not affect what they see on their countdown timers.
For reference only, this is how the custom field will appear in HighLevel. You will not need to make any changes to it here.
8. Copy your Deadline Funnel webhook:
9. Add a webhook action to your Workflow in HighLevel:
You can add this webhook anywhere in your HighLevel Workflow where you want the deadline to be triggered. We recommend adding it to the very beginning to make it easier to test your funnel. Note that the deadline will begin counting down for each prospect when they hit that point in your Workflow, so calculate your deadline length accordingly.
10. To add the webhook in the HighLevel Workflow, click on "Add your first action":
11. Now choose "Webhook":
12. Paste your Deadline Funnel webhook here and hit "Save":
Now the deadline will begin for each contact as soon as they reach that webhook in your Workflow.
13. Test that the webhook is working by adding a contact to your HighLevel Workflow, wait for the webhook to be triggered, and then check under Analytics>>People Tracked in Deadline Funnel to confirm their email address was received by Deadline Funnel.
14. Last step — and this is important: Make sure to go through your HighLevel emails and replace any links to your special offer page with the Deadline Funnel email link for that page.
Important Note about Email Links
For the API integration to work you MUST use the Deadline Funnel email links in any of your emails that link to a sales page with a countdown timer, or that link to a page in your funnel that links to another page with your countdown timer.
In other words, the API integration requires that your subscribers click one of the Deadline Funnel email links before they reach a page with a countdown. This is necessary in order to make sure each subscriber is assigned the correct deadline.
If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or in our live chat at the bottom right of your screen