In this doc, we'll show you How to Integrate Deadline Funnel with ClickFunnels 2.0. There are a few additional steps to complete as well -
please visit our main ClickFunnels 2.0 guide for more details.
This article explains how to connect ClickFunnels 2.0 with Deadline Funnel via a Zapier integration so that when a lead submits a ClickFunnels 2.0 optin form their Deadline Funnel tracking will begin.
A Premium Zapier account is required in order for the integration to work. If you do not have a Premium Zapier account, you will not be able to use Deadline Funnel with your ClickFunnels 2.0 email funnels.
How to configure your ClickFunnels 2.0 Funnel
Due to certain limitations within ClickFunnels 2.0, the following setup is required in order for Deadline Funnel to work in your ClickFunnels 2.0 email funnel.
1. To begin this setup, we recommend creating a funnel that starts with someone signing up on an Optin page:
2. You'll need to connect a workflow to that Optin page that looks like this:
1) Triggers based on an Optin
2) Adds a specific tag to the subscriber (in this case we're using 'Start DF')
3) Waits 1 Minute
4) Runs a webhook from Zapier to trigger the deadline
How to set up the Zap to trigger your deadline
1. In Zapier, you will click to create a new Zap. Then select 'Webhook' from the list of options:
2. Select 'Catch Hook' as the event and click 'Continue':
3. You can leave this next step (Pick off a Child Key) blank and click 'Continue':
4. This next step is going to give you a Webhook URL:
5. Click 'Copy' and then navigate to your ClickFunnels 2.0 workflow and paste it into the Webhook step here:
Just click 'Enter' to create the webhook after pasting it in and hit 'Save'
6. Now go back to your Zap, click to test the first step, and once it confirms the test is successful, click the '+' icon to create the next step of your Zap.
This next step is going to be a Filter:
7. You need to set up the Filter to only allow the Zap to continue if a subscriber has been tagged with the 'DF Start'.
This will make it possible for the webhook to only trigger the deadline for the people entering this specific workflow. If you do not have this filter in place, anyone who opts in to any funnel in your ClickFunnels 2.0 account will have the deadline triggered for them.
8. Once you have this set, click 'Continue'.
You will be prompted to test this step, as well. Once it confirms the test is successful, click the '+' icon again to create the third and final step in this Zap.
9. For this final step you will select Deadline Funnel as the app and select 'Start Deadline' as the Event:
10. You will be asked to connect your Deadline Funnel account to Zapier, so follow the instructions, and then in the next section you'll be asked to select the Campaign you want to trigger, and what data you want passed through to Deadline Funnel. Select the Email Address and First Name attributes and click 'Continue':
11. Go ahead and test this final step. Once it's confirmed to work, you can click to publish the Zap and then it's time to test your funnel!
Testing your Funnel
Be sure to opt in through your ClickFunels 2.0 optin form and click on the links in the emails and verify that the tracking is working correctly.
It's important to test your funnel before sending live traffic through it.
You'll know it's working correctly if you trigger the webhook and then check Analytics >> People Tracked in your Deadline Funnel campaign for the email that you tested with:
Don't forget, you do have a 1 minute delay set in your workflow in ClickFunnels 2.0, so you will need to wait a minute or two before checking for your email in the Analytics of your campaign.
You can learn more about testing your funnel here: Testing Your Deadline Funnel Campaign
Important Note about Email Links
For this integration to work you MUST use the Deadline Funnel email links in any of your emails that link to a sales page with a countdown timer, or that link to a page in your funnel that links to another page with your countdown timer.
In other words, the Zapier integration requires that your subscribers click one of the Deadline Funnel email links before they reach a page with a countdown. This is necessary in order to make sure each subscriber is assigned the correct deadline.
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.com or in our live chat at the bottom right of your screen