Table of contents
There are two methods for setting up Deadline Funnel's sales tracking feature.
1. Direct Integration
If you use one of the following email providers you can use our direct API integrations. Click on the links to see platform-specific instructions:
If you are not using one of those platforms, you can use Zapier to track sales.
We have specific guides for some platforms or you can follow our general instructions below.
How to set up sales tracking using Zapier
1. In Zapier, create a new Zap and select the application that will send your purchase information to Deadline Funnel:
2. Select 'New Purchase' as the app Trigger:
3. Choose 'Deadline Funnel' as the Action App:
4. Select 'Track Purchase' for the Deadline Funnel Action:
5. Complete the details for your Deadline Funnel purchase tracking, 1) select the correct Deadline Funnel campaign, 2) Select the field to capture the email, 3) set the currency for your sales, and 4) set the value of each sale:
6. Send a test purchase to Deadline Funnel to confirm that your sales tracking is working correctly:
7. You can view your results in the 'Sales Tracking' section of Analytics:
Tracking Sales at Different Price Points
Let's say you have an offer that people can either purchase for $50 or $100, and you want to track when people purchase at either of those price points inside of Deadline Funnel.
Firstly, in order to do this you will need to have a way to differentiate the two price points between your checkout software/email provider and Zapier. This may mean having two separate products, one for $50 and one for $100, or having two different tags that get applied based on which price point they purchase at.
Once you have a way to differentiate the two price points in Zapier, what you'll do is create two Zaps. You'll need to set up one to trigger based on a purchase of the $50 offer, and one to trigger based on a purchase of the $100 offer. And then in each Zap you can set the Amount under 'Customize Purchase' according to the price point - That way if someone purchases the $50 offer, it will show as a $50 sale in Deadline Funnel, and if they purchase the $100 offer, it will as a $100 sale.
Tips and Troubleshooting
The video below covers ideas for troubleshooting issues with Sales Tracking.
More often than not, the root of the problem is with the email or checkout page software and how the signal is sent to Deadline Funnel. The video below explains how to find and fix those issues.
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.com or in our live chat at the bottom right of your screen