In order to use Deadline Funnel's sales tracking feature, you must use one of our API Integrations or use Zapier.
We offer sales tracking using direct API Integrations with the following platforms:
Ideally, you will already have your email platform connected to Deadline Funnel under the Integrations tab. But if you haven't connected them yet, you can click on the email platform you're using listed above to go to the API Integration guide, where you'll find instructions on how to connect your accounts.
Once this step is complete, set up the sales tracking using Section A of this documentation.
You will need to follow the instructions in Section B of this documentation to set up sales tracking using Zapier.
Section A: How to set up sales tracking using an API Integration:
Note: This video shows how to set up sales tracking in ActiveCampaign, but we support sales tracking for almost every email platform. Send us a message in chat if you have any Q’s and we’re happy to help you get started with sales tracking on your platform.
1. Head to 'Integrations' in the top blue bar and select the campaign:
2. Now select 'New Integration', then choose 'Create Sales Tracking' in the popup and click next:
3. Make sure your email platform is selected and click next:
4. Now select your email platform account and click next:
5. Choose your currency and the value for each sale, then copy the webhook:
3. Add the webhook to your automation inside of your email provider so that it is triggered when a sales event takes place.
After someone enters your funnel and completes a purchase, the purchase will be tracked using your tracking code.
You can view your results in the 'Sales Tracked' section of Analytics:
Section B: How to set up sales tracking using Zapier:
1. In Zapier, create a new Zap and select the application that will send your purchase information to Deadline Funnel:
2. Select 'New Purchase' as the app Trigger:
3. Choose Deadline Funnel as the Action App:
4. Select 'Track Purchase' for the Deadline Funnel Action:
5. Complete the details for your Deadline Funnel purchase tracking, 1) select the correct Deadline Funnel campaign, 2) Select the field to capture the email, 3) set the currency for your sales, and 4) set the value of each sale:
6. Send a test purchase to Deadline Funnel to confirm that your sales tracking is working correctly:
7. You can view your results in the 'Sales Tracking' section of Analytics:
Tips and Troubleshooting
The video below covers ideas for troubleshooting issues with Sales Tracking.
More often than not, the root of the problem is with the email or checkout page software and how the signal is sent to Deadline Funnel. The video below explains how to find and fix those issues.
If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.