There are several ways you can reset tracking in your Deadline Funnel campaigns so that a lead can go through your funnel again:
- Delete tracking for a specific lead in your funnel
- Create a Public Reset Link
- Reset your own local tracking
- Set a length of time for your tracking to last (tracking lifetime)
- Reset tracking for your entire funnel
- Reset tracking for a date range
Delete Tracking for a Specific Lead:
1. Click on 'Analytics' in the top menu of your Deadline Funnel dashboard:
2. Type your lead's email into the 'email' search box or search for their i.p. address in the 'details' column to locate them in your Deadline Funnel campaign tracking:
3. When you find the entry you want to reset, click on the Delete button:
Create a Public Reset Link:
In cases where you can't locate the prospect by email you might want to be able to send them a link that resets their tracking. For this purpose you can use the Public Reset Link.
Simply visit Edit Campaign > Testing, and generate a 'Public Reset Link'.
You will need to:
- Set the length of time the reset link should be active
- Set the URL you want them to be redirected to after their tracking is reset
- Set a password to activate your link.
- Generate the reset link
Copy the Public Reset Link and send it to your lead. Once they click on the link, it will clear their tracking and send them directly to the URL you set in Step #2 (people often use the 'Before' URL in their Deadline Funnel settings for this step).
A few things to note:
1- The "password" generates a unique URL containing that word in the URL. At no time will your end users be asked to enter a password.
2- You can only have one unique URL at a time. In other words, if you create another Public Rest Link then the previous one(s) will be made inactive.
3- The intention behind this feature is to give you and your team a way to help your end users reset their tracking on a case by case basis. This feature is not intended for use in an automation as a way to delete or reset tracking as part of your sequence.
4- The reason behind having a password that creates a unique URL and having a time limit on the URL is so that a link cannot exist "in the wild" indefinitely that will compromise the integrity of your promotion and allow others to reset their deadline at will.
Reset YOUR Local Tracking (great for testing your funnel):
You can navigate to Campaigns > Edit Campaign > Testing and click the 'Clear Tracking' button to clear your own personal tracking for that campaign. This will not clear anyone else's tracking:
Set A Tracking Lifetime:
If you want to send your leads back through your Deadline Funnel after a specific period of time, navigate to Edit Campaign >> Settings >> Advanced and add the length of your 'tracking lifetime in days':
In this example we used 30 days, so 30 days after the deadline is triggered, a lead could re-enter this Deadline Funnel campaign.
Reset Tracking for your Entire Funnel:
1. You can delete all the tracking for your funnel by visiting Analytics:
2. Then click 'Delete all events':
One possible use for this feature would be if you are testing a new campaign and you want to delete all tracking records before going live. Or you might want to continue doing more tests and you want to quickly delete all tracking records to start a new round of testing.
Reset Tracking for Date Range:
1. In the Analytics > Event Tracking section, select the date range you wish to remove Event Tracking records for:
2. Click the drop-down menu on the "Delete All Events" button, select "Delete from selected dates":
3. Confirm that you are removing these records from the right campaign, and confirm the date range:
If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.